Oliver leads our Evidence & Insight team, focused on developing assets, insight and understanding that help cultural organisations realise their goals. This includes:
- Reporting on findings from Audience Finder and the Cultural Participation Monitor
- Leading redevelopment of Audience Spectrum
- Working with the University of Leeds’ Centre for Cultural Value (e.g. on their Evaluation Principles)
- Delivering training, events and specialist support.
Previously, Oliver worked as a consultant at The Audience Agency, inc. as Area Director North and Director of Consultancy (Manchester). Particular areas of expertise include:
- Benchmarking, audience segmentation and analysis
- National, large-scale and collaborative projects, esp. with a policy focus
- Opera, literature and theatre
- Arts and cultural organisations in the North of England.
Some key clients and projects have included Arts Council England, Arts Council Ireland, Creative Scotland, UK Theatre, The National Trust, Hull City of Culture/Film Hub North, Leeds 2023 and groups of organisations covering Yorkshire, Newcastle, opera, ballet and more.
Before The Audience Agency, Oliver was a freelance arts research consultant, having also worked for Audiences Yorkshire [later known as &Co] and started his career at Sheffield Galleries and Museums.