While all Dormitory Dependables broadly share these core characteristics, closer examination reveals two key subsegments who differ in life stage and style. If your target audience or local area is heavy on Dormitory Dependables, understanding their variety can help with programming, marketing and outreach.
Understand how these Subsegments differ:
Commuter-town families, investing for the future.
- Profiles and Places | Affluent families with moderate cultural engagement living in commuter towns or peripheral areas of London.
- Attitudes and Sectors | They attend higher levels of children and family or Christmas events, with family influencing attendance. They are more cautious with spending than D2, despite their relative prosperity.
- Digital and Comms | They make fairly low use of social media, though more than D2s, while and even higher proportion subscribe to Sky.
Settled, comfortable residents, enjoying regional life.
- Profiles and Places | Older on average than D1, these are comfortably off small-town residents or settled suburbanites and small town dwellers, especially found in the regions (with particular concentrations in the South West).
- Attitudes and Sectors | They have higher levels of engagement than D1 overall, including of mainstream performing arts events such as music, plays/drama and musical theatre. They also spend more, both overall and per ticket.
- Digital and Comms | They make low use of social media, while a fairly high proportion subscribe to Sky.